As of September 26, 2019, the new CleanBC – Go Electric EV Charger Rebate Program provides financial incentives for charging stations and consultation support for multi-unit residential buildings and workplaces.
It is now easier for British Columbians to buy and install electric vehicle (EV) charging stations at home and at work with more than $4 million in new CleanBC rebates.
“Through CleanBC, it’s more affordable and convenient than ever for British Columbians to go electric,” said Michelle Mungall, Minister of Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources. “With these new rebates for EV charging stations, we’re making it easier to switch to electric vehicles.”
To help with the upfront costs that come with EVs, homeowners can get a $350 provincial rebate to install a Level 2 charging station in a single-family home. A $2,000 rebate is available for the installation of a Level 2 charging station designed for multiple users in condominiums, apartments and workplaces. Up to five hours of free support services from an EV charging station advisor are also available for condominiums, apartments and workplaces seeking to address their EV charging needs.
“British Columbians are increasingly shifting to electric vehicles and our government is supporting this transition by making home chargers more affordable and accessible,” said George Heyman, Minister of Environment and Climate Change Strategy. “Through our CleanBC plan, we are building a better future through greener transportation options that are more convenient, affordable, use cleaner energy and improve our air quality.”
Starting Thursday, Sept. 26, 2019, BC Hydro customers can also apply for an additional, limited-time matching rebate of up to $350 to buy and install EV charging equipment in single-family homes.
“We’re pleased to be working with the Province of B.C. to make at-home charging more accessible to EV owners in B.C.,” said Chris O’Riley, BC Hydro president and chief executive officer. “At-home charging is not only convenient for EV owners, with BC Hydro’s low electricity rates, it also offers significant savings over fuelling a gas-powered vehicle.”
To qualify for the CleanBC rebates, home and workplace charging stations must be installed, and final documentation submitted, by March 31, 2020.
CleanBC is a pathway to a more prosperous, balanced and sustainable future. CleanBC was developed in collaboration with the BC Green Party caucus and supports the commitment in the Confidence and Supply Agreement to implement climate action to meet B.C.’s emission targets.
- The CleanBC Home and Workplace EV Charging Program is being administered by BC Hydro and FortisBC in their respective delivery areas.
- For single-family homes, the cost of buying and installing a charging station can range from $700 to $2,000.
- Buying and installing a charging station at a multi-unit residential building can range from $2,000 to $12,000.
- A Level 2 EV charging station uses a higher output 240-volt power source and has a faster charging time than a Level 1 EV charging station.
- EV owners can save on fuel costs – about $1,800 every year for the average B.C. driver.
- As part of the program, EV charging advisor services are being delivered by the Fraser Basin Council.
- B.C. has more than 1,700 charging stations around the province.
- The Zero-Emission Vehicle Act, passed on May 30, 2019, requires all new light-duty cars and trucks sold in B.C. to be clean energy vehicles by 2040.
- CleanBC EV charging equipment and installation rebates cannot be combined with the incentive offer from ZAPBC.
For a Punjabi translation, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/NR_Home_and_Workplace_Charging_Rebates_2019_Punjabi.pdf
For a traditional Chinese translation, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/NR_Home-and-Workplace-Charging-Rebates_25-Sept-%202019_Traditional-Chinese.pdf
FLO Home G5 – Level 2 Electric Vehicle (EV) Charging Station – 240 Volt, 30 Amp – Safety Certified – 25 ft Cable…
HIGH PERFORMANCE : 240V and 30A Level 2 Charging Station that charges more than 5X faster than a Level 1 (which come standard with all EV and PHEV). FLO home is eligible with every incentive in your area and compatible with any EV on the market (Nissan Leaf, Chevy Bolt EV, Chevy Volt, Tesla model 3 / S / X, Toyota Prius, iMiEV, Volvo XC90, Jaguar iPace, BMW i3 and all others).
STURDY CONSTRUCTION : made in Canada, FLO Home G5 is designed to thrive in the harshest weather conditions. It is perfectly adapted to Canadian winters thanks to its robust, waterproof aluminum casing. FLO Home X5 is certified to operate at temperatures ranging from -40°C to 50°C and the charger’s heavy-duty 25-foot cable stays flexible even in the deepest cold.
SAFE : CSA-certified and meet applicable UL safety standards. FLO Home protects your vehicle and your home against fluctuations in the power grid with built-in security features that ensure you full peace of mind.