Porsche, founded in 1931 by Ferdinand Porsche, are the manufacturers of world’s high performance luxury automobiles ranging from cars, tractors, and electric vehicles to even aircraft engines. It is a well-known brand in motorsport and is currently the world’s largest racecar manufacturers. Porsche is a German automotive company with its headquarters in Zuffenhausen and has close relations with the Volkswagen Group. The first Volkswagen Beetle was designed by Ferdianand Porsche himself, which became the most successful car design of all time.
Required drawing tools:
– Paper or Canvas
– Color or paint brush (optional)
Drawing a Porsche: To draw a Porsche facing left, first form a rough sketch of the car lightly, to be able to neatly erase any unwanted lines, as we progress with the art.
– Body: To begin with, draw an oval extending horizontally. The size of the oval determines the size of the car to be drawn. This forms the outline of the body of our car. Sketch another curve just outside the lower part of the oval, following the contours. Now erase a small part of this new curve at two points and connect the broken ends by an inverted ‘C.’ The size and position of the ‘C’ drawn should be commensurate with the size of two wheels of the car.
– Hood: The hood of the car will comprise of the windshields, the side window, and a frame to support the hood. Draw a trapezium in the left upper portion of the oval body. The parallel side of the trapezium with longer line will form the upper portion of the windscreen and extends down just covering the upper left quarter of the oval body. Draw a triangle inside the body adjacent to trapezium such that it covers the upper right portion of the oval, this forms the side glasses of our car. Extend the left hand side of the triangle downwards to make it look like the side door of the car.
– Headlights: For the head light, draw two small circles towards the left side of the oval body, adjacent to each other inside the oval. Align them parallel to the windshield.
– Tyres: Draw two more circles below the inverted ‘C’ we already drew on the car body representing tyres of the car. Draw some fine lines marking the details, thereby enhancing the car features.
– Shading: Erase unwanted lines using the eraser and darken the remaining sketch using a pencil. Also, shade the drawing to give it a realistic look. Color the Porsche as per your choice.
Source by Annette Labedzki